The Materials Manager is responsible for executing manufacturing and logistics plans and strategies for the Zeus Industrial Plant. Assist in the development of manufacturing plans to establish materials logistics requirements at the local level. Responsible for the materials management function relating to the planning, procurement, storage, control, distribution and shipping of materials and products to meet company objectives and customer requirements. This position contributes to on-going supply chain management process improvement.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Has overall administrative and management responsibility for the materials management organization within the respective plant and serves as back up to the Corporate Materials.
- Will become very knowledgeable of all Zeus manufacturing and supply chain policies and procedures. Responsible for the execution of policy as it relates to operating/strategic plans.
- Will take a lead role in the development of new manufacturing and supply chain business rules and practices. Maintains and ensures appropriate business controls for the material logistics operation. Establishes decision rules for inventory levels throughout the supply chain, including safety stocks for both finished goods and raw materials.
- Will take a lead role in the development and enhancement of the use of Oracle ERP.
- Coordinates continually with Corp Dir of Materials Management to assure that the local plant is consistent with the goals and objectives as relating to materials.
- Executes the engineering change management plan for new product programs, as well as existing products at the local level.
- Uses materials logistics I/T applications and ensures logistics systems data integrity.
- Direct management of the materials organization within the facility including all Inventory, Shipping, and scheduling personnel.
- Maintains optimum inventory levels, and monitors the perpetual inventory system to ensure the highest degree of accuracy throughout the year.
- Tracks all KanBan and stores of customer product to assure Zeus is meeting its contractual obligations as relating to products assigned to the plant.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent field experience, MBA is desirable
- Strong organizational, planning and communication skills.
- APICS-CPIM certification preferred.