Process Engineer-Manufacturing - We are seeking an experienced Process Engineer to help advance our Continuous Improvement and Productivity initiatives. The successful candidate should be prepared to help provide world-class products and service to a diverse customer base, including many leading medical device manufacturers.
Conveniently located on Rt. 202 in Branchburg, NJ, Zeus offers careers…not just jobs. Relationships are important to us. Working conditions are second to none in our brand new, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. All work areas are heated and air-conditioned, and the work environment is very clean and organized.
Zeus is unusual in today’s manufacturing world. We are still family-owned and have no interest in outsourcing work. We believe in the New Jersey workforce and are committed to precision, high-tech manufacturing right here in Somerset County.
Zeus is a great place to work, but it isn’t for everyone. Expectations are high; our work is meticulous and very precise. An entrepreneur’s mentality is a huge plus. Zeus offers an opportunity to join a very successful, family-oriented team. Our products are cutting-edge, our process is unique, and our quality and customer focus are second-to-none. We are a leader in our field and have great relationships with our customers and employees. Many of our employees are the best at what they do in the world.Our customers are leaders in their fields. Our products help save lives.
Compensation is always fair and very competitive. Zeus employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package that includes one of the best medical plans in the area, an immediate 50% 401(k) match, dental, vision, paid vacation…even an on-site medical office and free gym. The company caters a monthly lunch for all employees.
Successful candidates will have a desire and ability to take our manufacturing process to the next level. Continuous Improvement is a way of life at Zeus. You must possess the ability to work independently; and the desire to learn a variety of skills. The ability to communicate clearly is imperative, as is the ability to manipulate data using various software packages. You should be proficient in MS Excel.
Here are the Job Duties and Skills required.
If you meet the profile and are interested in Applying, please complete the form below.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
1. Troubleshoot materials, processes, and tooling production issues in plastic extrusion environment
2. Work closely with Production Managers to resolve ongoing production issues
3. Assist in transition of new process developments
4. Lead process optimization and continuous process improvement activities
5. Start up new equipment and train operators
6. Establish and maintain best practice operating procedures
7. Work with Maintenance to ensure safe, continuous operation of extrusion equipment
8. Work with design engineering staff to improve equipment performance and reliability
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
1. Prior experience in polymer extrusion preferred.
2. Plastics experience (Injection / Extrusion) / Extrusion experience (Rubber, etc) / Medical device process is preferred
3. 4 yr. Engineering Degree, preferably Mechanical Engineering
4. Able to understand and document a process accurately
5. Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
6. Excellent communication skills
7. Detail-oriented, able to handle multiple projects
8. Project management skills
9. Continuous improvement, Kaizen, SPC, and TPM experience
10. Team environment and independent working experience
11. Black belt / six sigma desired
Thanks for your interest in Zeus. We look forward to hearing from you.